More of my sites

WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Connected Home
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT


About this site

For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul



Friday, August 10, 2007

A simple way to get more storage from Google

I just noticed that my Gmail account went from 2.8 GB to 28 GB of capacity. Here's why:
the Picasa team is pleased to tell you that we [are] rolling out extra storage that you can purchase to use across several Google products (today, Picasa Web Albums and Gmail; soon, other applications like Google Docs & Spreadsheets). That will help make storage really useful, like letting you upload lots of full resolution images to Picasa Web Albums.

When you reach the limit of free storage (i.e., 1GB for Picasa Web Albums, 2.8GB for Gmail), consider this your overflow solution. Plans start at $20/year for 6GB (yes, $5 cheaper than before), with larger plans ranging up to 250GB. If only testing everything were this easy.

We're live! To buy more storage, go here.
I had previously purchased 25 GB of storage space from Picasa, so it's been added in with my Gmail storage space. Yippee. I was hoping they'd do this. And... they've lowered prices already, as expected. Nice.

Labels:

[ Posted at 7:47 AM | Permalink ]

 



Nexus Home | Nexus Archives | Email Paul
Copyright © 2001-2008 Paul Thurrott. All Rights Reserved.