More of my sites
WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT
About this site
For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started
blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul
Monday, February 13, 2006
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 Facts
Though it looks like Valve will be following up Half-Life 2 with "Half-Life 2: Episode I," and not "Aftermath" as previously reported, here's what's happening with the upcoming release:
Half-Life 2: Aftermath is an all-new episode created by Valve that extends the Half-Life 2 single player adventure.OK, I'm still confused. Is it Aftermath or Episode I?
[ Posted at 5:12 PM | Permalink ]
The player reprises his role of Dr. Gordon Freeman, who must immediately face the repercussions of his actions in City 17 and the Citadel. Freeman reconnects with Alyx Vance and her robot, Dog, as they continue their support of the resistance's battle against the Combine forces.
The intense, real-time gameplay delivered in Half-Life 2: Aftermath is made possible only by Source, Valve's proprietary engine technology which has been enhanced with new rendering technology and advanced artificial intelligence to deliver new levels of graphics and character interaction.
Key Selling Points
- A new episode for one of the best-selling action games of all time.
- Reveals new secrets
- Franchise of over 18 million units sold worldwide
- Incredibly advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Highly detailed environments provide amazing gameplay settings
- Digital Actors: The most sophisticated in-game characters ever witnessed
- Physical Gameplay: Objects obey the laws of gravity, friction and buoyancy.
- Intense story line will appeal to those seeking more than another shooting gallery experience
1.2 GHz Processor
DirectX 7 level graphics card
1.2 GHz Processor
512 MB RAM
DirectX 9 level graphics card