More of my sites

WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Connected Home
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT


About this site

For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul



Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Top 10 Worst Portrayals of Technology in Film

OK, this is a pretty good list, but my personal "worst moments" aren't in there at all, which is just criminal. The absolute worst portrayal of tech in a movie has to be Independence Day, when they used an Apple product placement to upload a virus to the enemy ship. Daaaahhhh... The second worst was in the Sandra Bullock bore-a-thon "The Net," in which our intrepid heroine uses a floppy disk upload for dramatic purposes. Exciting!

On a related note, I've often said that being familiar with any topic ruins any movie in which that topic is featured. For example, I worked in banking for several years, and every single depiction I've ever seen of a bank robbery is so horribly wrong that it just takes me out of the moment. It's the same way with computers and technology: You see how they're used in movies and you just have to groan.
[ Posted at 10:29 AM | Permalink ]

 



Nexus Home | Nexus Archives | Email Paul
Copyright © 2001-2008 Paul Thurrott. All Rights Reserved.