More of my sites

WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Connected Home
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT


About this site

For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul



Monday, October 23, 2006

Paul vs. Dell Round 2

Well, give Dell some credit. The company called me Sunday to try and rectify the problem I described previously here on the Nexus. I told the gentleman at the time that Sunday wasn't a particular good time for me, but we did talk today and I appreciate the effort. Dell recognizes that it has some issues and I was told they're trying to fix them. I was also asked for any advice about what I would have liked to have seen happen.

Ultimately, my issue boils down to one simple issue, though certainly there are a number of things I could have complained about it. During the entire process, Dell never once contacted me, via email or phone, to explain there was a problem with the order. Even now, days after the order was cancelled, I have yet to receive an email telling me it happened. If I hadn't checked the site manually the other day, I'd still ignorantly believe that it was still on the way.

So Dell was willing to offer me a discount in order to get my business back. I think that was decent of them. I'm going to stick with the HP however. In the future, I guess I'll continue considering Dell, as I have in the past. I hope they get this sorted out.
[ Posted at 3:47 PM | Permalink ]

 



Nexus Home | Nexus Archives | Email Paul
Copyright © 2001-2008 Paul Thurrott. All Rights Reserved.