More of my sites

WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Connected Home
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT


About this site

For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul



Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Amazon Unbox 1.5

So, Amazon has shipped a new version of its Unbox TV/movie download service. The first version was so horrible I demanded my money back and erased the thing from my PC. It's unlikely I'll ever be brave enough to try it again, but here's what's new:

- 20% faster downloads
- Improved reliability and performance
- 50% faster application load time
- Reduced PC memory usage
- Full support for Windows Vista and Vista Media Center Edition
- Improved portable device support
- Download portable video files only when you want to!
- New user controls and settings
- Video brightness control
- Contrast control
- Video library organizational and sorting
- Optional tooltips
- Multiple file delete

Hmm. There's no such thing as Vista Media Center Edition. I see Amazon is up to its usual high standards.

Labels: , ,

[ Posted at 9:40 AM | Permalink ]

 



Nexus Home | Nexus Archives | Email Paul
Copyright © 2001-2008 Paul Thurrott. All Rights Reserved.