More of my sites

WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Connected Home
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT


About this site

For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul



Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) Beta Preview

A good overview of the newly-released Ubuntu 7.04 beta from Only Ubuntu Linux:
The Ubuntu developers are moving very quickly to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer. This is the Ubuntu 7.04 Beta and it comes packed with a whole host of excellent new features including the released GNOME 2.18, the 2.6.20 kernel and much more.

Ubuntu 7.04 is the most user-friendly Ubuntu to date and includes a ground-breaking Windows migration assistant, excellent wireless networking support and improved multimedia support.
I installed this in VMWare yesterday and it's the cleanest version of Linux I've seen yet. I will note, however, that Ubuntu really needs to drop the brown color scheme as the default: It's not attractive, and while I hate to just focus on such a fluffy issue, it's the first thing I change when I boot into Ubuntu.

Labels:

[ Posted at 10:19 AM | Permalink ]

 



Nexus Home | Nexus Archives | Email Paul
Copyright © 2001-2008 Paul Thurrott. All Rights Reserved.