More of my sites

WinInfo Daily News
SuperSite for Windows
Windows IT Pro Magazine
Connected Home
Thurrott Dot Com
Windows Weekly at TWIT


About this site

For six years, the Internet Nexus served as my technology blog, but I've since started blogging at the SuperSite Blog instead. If you're looking for the blog, please head there. --Paul



Friday, September 21, 2007

Stephen Fry blogs smartphones

UK actor and comedian Stephen Fry is blogging now, and his first (lengthy) post is about the iPhone and other smartphones. It's hilarious and insightful, and it makes me wonder why he didn't start doing this sooner. It's almost as if Douglas Adams is back among us. Bless you Mr. Fry:
All the big guns want an iPhone killer. Even I, mad for all things Apple as I am, want an iPhone killer. I want smart digital devices to be as good as mankind’s ingenuity can make them. I want us eternally to strive to improve and surprise. Bring on the iPhone killers. Bring them on.

I have, over the past twenty years been passionately addicted to all manner of digital devices, Mac-friendly or not; I have gorged myself on electronic gismos, computer accessories, toys, gadgets and what-have-yous of all descriptions, but most especially what are now known as SmartPhones. PDAs, Wireless PIMs, call them what you will. My motto is:

I have never seen a SmartPhone I haven’t bought.
Brilliant.

Note that because the site was running dog slow, I wasn't able to post this yesterday as I had wanted. Mr. Fry must be running on EDGE. :)

Labels: , ,

[ Posted at 2:38 PM | Permalink ]

 



Nexus Home | Nexus Archives | Email Paul
Copyright © 2001-2008 Paul Thurrott. All Rights Reserved.